Application requirements will include the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, or (under special provisions) in Medicine, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Material Sciences or other adequate discipline. Graduate students having completed a five-year European curriculum in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Technology will also be eligible.
Students in the ultimate year to obtain their Bachelor’s degree may also apply, provided that they will graduate no later than June 30th, 2017.
The selection will be based on different criteria listed in the following table with their respective weight. The most important criterion is the previous academic results with the relevance of their background and the academic excellence (min of 70% of performance).
|Previous academic results and marks||30 %|
|Excellence of the Academic Institution where degrees have been acquired||15 %|
|Practical experience acquired in laboratories and companies||15 %|
|Motivation letter||15 %|
|Recommendation letters||10 %|
|Level in English||15 %|
NANOMED is an English-taught curriculum, thus English proficiency is a prerequisite to apply and participate to the EMJMD. Accepted tests to evaluate English proficiency are the following ones:
- IELTS (Academic) score > 6.5, with no less than 6.0 on each section
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) score > 92, with no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL CBT (computer-based test) score > 237, with no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) score > 580, with no less than 55 on each section
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) / Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
Tests scores provided should not be older than 2 years (except for Cambridge certificates).
Important note: Native English speakers or non-native English speakers having completed their Bachelor’s degree in either United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia or New Zealand are exempted from providing a English proficiency test certificate.
Another criterion concerns the previous practical experience acquired in laboratories and companies. As the NANOMED curriculum is composed of practical courses as well as two traineeships to develop specific practical competences of students in Nanomedicine, previous practical experience is required.
Moreover a motivation letter will further help the selection committee evaluating the applications. This document must not exceed 700 words and should be focusing on:
- What makes the applicant stand out as a student
- How his/her personal interest and experience drives him/her towards our EMJMD
- Why the applicant chose NANOMED over other curricula,
- How the applicant will fit into a multicultural environment
- And what his/her future professional plans are after completing the EMJMD.
A form called « Institutional representative’s form » must be completed by a representative person of the institution where the applicant obtained a part or the totally of his/her Bachelor’s degree. This form consists in an appreciation of the applicant’s scientific aptitude, intellectual, ability and personal traits, which would influence his/her potential success in an ambitious and international programme like NANOMED. The four has to be downloaded from the website, filled and signed by the representative person and uploaded when filling the online application.
Two recommendation letters (one page max) of recognised referees from Institutions or Companies where the applicant has previously evidenced these qualities are also required to complete the application.
The application process follows different steps that are detailed below.
1- Application completion
Students applying for the NANOMED curriculum are invited to go on the application platform by clicking here (It will be opened in January). Applications for an EMJMD scholarship are processed through the general application platform.
The application platform is composed of several parts:
- General information: personal and contact details (name, date/place of birth, postal and email addresses, phone number, skype address). A proof of current residence has to be uploaded (utility or telephone bill, receipt for rent paid within the past 6 months) and an emergency contact (name, place of residence, phone number and email address) needs to be provided.
- Scholarship information: applicants are asked to disclose whether or not they wish to apply to one of the EMJMD scholarship and if they already have or are planning to apply to other scholarships (which one(s), deadlines of application, expected date of results). In order to evaluate the type of EMJMD scholarship you can be eligible to, applicants will have to state if they are coming from a Programme or a Partner country. In case the applicant originates from a Partner country, He/She will have to disclose if He/She has carried out his/her main activity (studies, training or work) in a programme country for more than a total of 12 months between 15 January 2012 and 15 January 2017.
- Participating countries: nationality (copy of identity card to download), selection between programme and partner countries.
Note: List of Countries considered as Programme countries by the European Commission: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey.
- Language skills: results of English-proficiency tests, other language skills.
- Mobility: choice of a pathway in the curriculum.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (name, date, university) with diploma to download, Institutional reference form (details, filled form to download), table to complete with scores (and rank) and the corresponding pdf document translated in English and validated by your institution for each year to download, questions to complete about major discipline and evaluation of theoretical and practical competences in Pharmaceutical Technology and Nanomedicine.
- Previous traineeships / internships or Company experiences: table to complete (dates, duration, subject, institute/company, Supervisor’s name and email address) with documents (report and supervisor’s evaluation) to download.
- Referee’s details: name, position, institute/company, phone and email address of two referees
- Other documents to download: curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages), motivation letter (700 words max), two recommendation letters (maximum one page).
- Final declaration: agreement of applicant concerning all information provided.
2- Selection of applicants
Documents to be submitted:
- Copy of bachelor degree, or official letter stating the expected date of graduation (no later than June 30th, 2017)
- Copy of records (including: courses, grades, grading system, average grade and, if not yet graduated a list of modules still to be completed)
- Institutional reference form filled out demonstrating that the applicant obtained its degree in the 25% top students of its Instituion
- For non-native speakers proof of English proficiency
- Copy of a valid passport
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (maximum 700 words)
- At least two recommendation letters
- Proof of current place of residence