There are two application sessions for each intake. The first session is the Scholarship Application session (which opens in November each year). If you are applying through this session, you will be competing for one of the 15 EMJMD scholarships available.
The second session is the Self Funded session which follows the Scholarship session and opens in March. Students who are interested in joining the programme by self-financing or through finding another scholarship/support from a company may apply through this session. You will find more information on other potential sources of scholarships to help apply as a self funded student on the Scholarships tab.
For both sessions, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Fill-in the Registration Form with your personal details including a valid email and select your username and password
- Select “NANOMED EMJMD” as the programme you would like to apply to
- Receive an email with your username and password along with activation link (if not, please check your spam folder)
- Click on the activation link to make sure your registration is complete or else you will not be able to log in and start with your application procedure.
Registration of your application
- Log in with the username and password and start filling in the application form
- Log in again anytime to make modifications (before the deadline is met)
- Once your application is complete, make sure to “Submit” your application or else it will not be reviewed
- The status of your application will change from “Submitted” to “Eligible – Step 1” or “Non eligible” depending on whether you handed all the relevant documents or not
- The status of your application will change from “Eligible – Step 1” to “Eligible – Step 2” or “Non admitted” depending on wether you are selected for the skype interview or not
- The status of your application will change from “Eligible – Step 2” to “Admitted –Main list” or “Waiting list” or “Non admitted” depending on where you stand after the interview
N.B. if you are on the waiting list or non admitted list and you wish to apply for the self-funded session (with your own funds, thanks to the support of a company or another kind of scholarship), please let us know so that we can transfer your application to the self-funded campaign.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, or (under special provisions) in Medicine, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Material Sciences or other adequate discipline. Graduate students having completed a five-year European curriculum in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Technology will also be eligible.
- Students in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree may also apply, provided that they will graduate no later than June 30th of the year of their application. In this case, please upload an official letter stating the expected date of graduation.
All previous transcripts of records
- All documents should be translated in English validated by your previous Institution for each year (including: courses, grades, grading system, average grade and if not yet graduated a list of modules still to be completed, traineeship certificates if relevant) ; your documents must clearly show your major discipline and evaluation of theoretical and practical competences in Pharmaceutical Technology and Nanomedicine.
- The Selection committee will pay particular consideration to the previous practical experience acquired in laboratories and private companies since the NANOMED EMJMD is composed of practical courses as well as two traineeships to develop specific practical knowledge in Nanomedicine.
Institutional reference form
The Institutional reference form is a document evaluating the academic asset of the applicant. The document has to be filled in by someone who as been previously monitoring the progress of the student (professor, mentor, employer etc.). A template of this document will automatically be generated and sent by email to the person that the applicant will have indicated while filling in the online application. The Institutional referee will then have to download the template of the document, fill it in and upload it again on the application platform thanks to the link in the email received previously. The content of the Institutional reference form will not be visible by the applicant but a notification will be sent once the document has indeed been added to the application for your information.
The NANOMED EMJMD is an English-taught curriculum, thus English proficiency is a prerequisite to apply.
- For non-native speakers these are the English tests accepted to apply to the NANOMED EMJMD:
- IELTS (Academic) score > 6.5, with no less than 6.0 on each section
- TOEIC Speaking & Writing score Speaking > 160 and Writing > 150 and TOEIC Listening and Reading score score Listening at least 400 and Reading at least 350
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) score > 92, with no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL CBT (computer-based test) score > 237, with no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL ITP (paper-based test) score > 580, with no less than 55 on each section
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) / Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
Tests scores provided should not be older than 2 years (except for Cambridge certificates).
- For native English speakers and non-native English speakers having completed their Bachelor’s degree in either United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia or New Zealand are exempted from providing any English proficiency test certificate.
Make sure your passport is valid at the time of the application and if possible for the entire duration of the NANOMED EMJMD (2 years) ; this will prevent administrative issues with residence permit requests. If you are currently renewing your passport, please join your old passport and the copy of the official document confirming the on-going renewal.
Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
If your CV is longer than required, it will disadvantage your application.
Motivation letter (max. 700 words)
- The motivation letter should be focusing on:
- What makes the applicant stand out as a student
- How his/her personal interest and experience drives him/her towards the NANOMED EMJMD
- Why the applicant chose the NANOMED EMJMD over other curricula
- How the applicant will fit into a multicultural environment
- How his/her involvement in the NANOMED EMJMD will serve his/her future professional plans
If your motivation letter is longer than required, it will disadvantage your application.
Two recommendation letters
Recommendation letters can come from previous employers or professors who have been working with the applicant during the past.
Proof of current place of residence
The proof of residence is mandatory to submit your application. It is very important indeed because it will have an impact on the calculation of your scholarship.
Examples of proofs of residence: it can be an invoice (phone, electricity, gas…), a certificate from the city hall, a letter from your parents stating that you are still living at their place along with an invoice with their name on it, a certificate from your employer with the relevant information in it, a resident permit etc. If you choose to send documents with private information on it, please make sure to hide these personal details. We only need the information stated before. The document must have been issued within 12 months before the application deadline.
Please make sure the documents provided are translated to English (or are in Roman characters).
Evaluation of your application
The selection will be based on different criteria listed in the following table with their respective weight. The most important criterion is the previous academic results along with the relevance between your background and the study of Nanomedicine. Previous practical experience such as work experience or traineeships in laboratories or private companies will also be greatly appreciated.
|Previous academic results
|Practical experience in laboratories or companies